Thursday, October 2, 2014

Most Wonderful Time of the Year

October is finally here! It's my favorite month of the year, not just because it's my birthday month, but because of Halloween--my favorite holiday! It's never too early to start getting your Halloween costumes ready (I may or may not have started planning mine in August) and I firmly believe in looking at your closet before you buy a costume. And if you cannot find what you need in your closet raiding your best friend's closet works just as well. 

I plan on doing a series of costume ideas with items you should already own (or your best friend should own). I'm starting off with some classic movie characters. Let me know if there are any particular looks you want me to recreate.

First up is Holly Golightly from Breakfast at Tiffany's. Who doesn't own a little black dress? If for some odd reason, you don't own one, this black dress is perfect for both work and being Holly for Halloween! Then all you need to do is grab some over-sized sunglasses, pearls, long black gloves and put your hair in a bun and you are good to go.



Next up is everyone's favorite morbid girl--Wednesday Addams! Another super easy costume since all it requires is a long black sleeved dress (and you can wear a white button down underneath to get the collared look if you want) and to put your hair in two braided pigtails. Holding a bottle of poison is optional.

Pictures 1 2

1 comment:

  1. I think Holly Golightly is a great idea. My friend did this costume last year because she waited until the last minute to decide she needed a costume.

    ReplyDelete