Monday, January 13, 2014

And the Award Goes to...

Me! For taking way to long to update this blog. Do not fear, I am back... although I will not be updating every day since my life is still a bit crazy and I am working on give this blog a major makeover. 

I do hope everyone had a great holiday season and New Year's! I'm very excited about 2014. I have some majors plans in the works, but that will be discussed in another post.

Now let's talk about the Golden Globes aka my personal favorite award show made even better this year since it was hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. I am still cracking up about this joke, "Gravity, the story of how George Clooney would rather float away into space and die then spend one more minute with a woman his own age." 

Tina and Amy are just flawless. But let's talk fashion. Best dressed are...

 Lupita Nyong'o
 Lupita stunned in a gorgeous red Ralph Lauren dress. I cannot wait to see what she wears at the other award shows now, since she already killed it at her first major show. Definitely a fashion darling to watch.

Cate Blanchett
 Only Cate could pull off this lace Armani Prive dress. She looks exactly like a classic Hollywood actress. Cate will always be one of my favorites on the red carpet for the risks she takes.

 Also, I am completely in LOVE with her diamond earring. They are seriously stunning.

Margot Robbie
 Meet Margot, my new girl crush. She looks absolutely gorgeous in this white Gucci dress. The only thing I would have changed would have been to give her a red statement lip. I think a nice red lip would have added a little extra something to the whole look.

 Jessica Chastain
 Jessica looked beautiful in her classic black Givenchy dress. I'm just in love with how elegant Jessica looks with this dress and simple jewelry. She always comes through for me--definitely one of my fashion favorites.

 Olivia Wilde
Olivia could not look better, even when pregnant, in this emerald green Gucci dress. It did remind me of Angelina Jolie's emerald green Atelier Versace dress from the 2011 Golden Globes. But then again, I did love that dress as well. 

Best dressed for trying to imitate a Disney Princess...

Jennifer Lawrence
Jennifer was in a Dior dress that just did not fit her or flatter her. Now I know she is a Dior brand model, but their dresses just do not flatter her body. She should have been a Calvin Klein brand model instead since she looks amazing when she wears their dresses.

And can I just say that I am over the moon that Amy Poehler was finally recognized for her work on Parks and Recreation. She more than deserved that Golden Globe. 

What was your favorite part of the Golden Globes? 

All images from tumblr via Getty

2 comments:

  1. I didn't watch the Golden Globes but I have been swooning over all of the amazing gowns all morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lupita and Olivia looked ah-maz-ing!

    Hope you enter my L'Occitane giveaway : http://withlovefromkat.com/fall-beauty-must-haves-with-loccitane-divine-body-oil-cream-collection/

    xo Kat

    ReplyDelete