Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesday Wants

I have been contemplating the idea of getting a Jawbone Up bracelet for awhile now. I actually heard about them several months ago and always thought it was kinda interesting. Then last week at work, one of the editors was raving about how the edit team is obsessed with the bracelets. Then this past weekend while I was reading the September issue of Vogue, there was a whole article devoted to bracelets similar to the Jawbone Up bracelet. 


Part of the reason why I am so intrigued by them is because I tend to walk a lot in the city and I am always curious how far exactly I do walk since I consider that to be my exercise. Also, I tend to be a pretty bad sleeper so I am very curious to how much REM sleep I actually get. The reason why I like the Jawbone Up bracelet the best is because it's waterproof (opposed to the Nike one highlighted in the Vogue article). It retails for $130, which I will admit is a bit steep for a bracelet that measure exercise and sleep. Maybe it can be a birthday present since my birthday is coming up.

Has anyone tried them out before? Is it worth it?

6 comments:

  1. Ah! I just got one and LOVE it!
    www.fashiontruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband has one and is obsessed with it! He is always trying to get his steps in. I think I will have to get the navy blue come winter when my motivation to do anything goes WAY down

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I know I walk a lot as I do not know how to drive! But these are the great way to keep track

    Ali of

    Dressing Ken

    ReplyDelete
  4. My roommate has this and loves it! Such a great motivator! xo

    http://www.somewherelately.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of these, but they look very cute! I will need to invest in one.


    -Vogue&Heels
    www.vogueandheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw these when they came out and I thought it was a really cool design. I'm contemplating getting the nike arm band but don't know if I would actually use it.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com

    ReplyDelete